In today’s world, where international competition is increasing day by day, businesses are trying to increase their market shares. As Hasan Kalyoncu University International Trade and Logistics Department, we aim to train individuals who are solution-oriented, entrepreneurial, innovative, have knowledge of foreign languages, closely follow technological developments, think analytically and aim to achieve optimum results, who will take part in this global competition.
WHY HKU INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND LOGISTICS DEPARTMENT?
- Strong academic staff and a curriculum that can meet the needs of the sector,
- Double major and minor programs,
- English preparation and then 30% English education,
- Opportunity to meet guests who are experts in their fields,
- Knowledge for postgraduate education,
- A prestigious and coveted career,
- Since Gaziantep is an industrial-trade city and a trade and cultural bridge between the Middle East and Europe, it provides a wide variety of employment opportunities (especially for UTL graduates),
- An approach that adopts cultural and scientific cooperation between universities,
- An education-teaching process that focuses on university-industry cooperation,
- Opportunity to train with the trade and logistics sector,
- Opportunity to learn by living and observing,
- Technical trips and the opportunity to meet with experts from the sector.
WHO SHOULD PREFER HKU INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND LOGISTICS DEPARTMENT? (HKÜ ULUSLARARASI TİCARET VE LOJİSTİK BÖLÜMÜNÜ KİMLER TERCİH ETMELİ?)
HKU International Trade and Logistics Department;
- Regarding foreign trade,
- have self-confidence,
- Able to empathize in human relations,
- Willing to learn foreign languages,
- love to travel,
- analytical thinking,
- Problem solver,
- Having an interdisciplinary perspective,
- Willing to work in the global flow and management of goods and trade,
- Our department prepares a solid infrastructure for students who are interested in global economic-political developments and the functioning of institutions.
WHY CHOOSE HKU INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND LOGISTICS DEPARTMENT?
Specialization in International Trade and Logistics Sector
- Good career opportunity
- It offers extraordinary options for an active working life.
OPPORTUNITIES PROVIDED TO OUR STUDENTS BY OUR INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND LOGISTICS DEPARTMENT
Lesson Plan Suitable for Industry 4.0
Some of our courses that prepare you for the digital business world and prioritize adaptation to the technical structure of our age are as follows:
- Logistics Information Systems,
- Operations research and optimization.
- “CO-OP” (Cooperative Education or Applied Education in Industry) is an education model based on University-Business world cooperation and requires the student to work in a company or institution during undergraduate education. With this application, our students work for 14 weeks (1 Semester) in the industries and companies they are interested in, and step into the process of experiencing what they have learned in the classroom.
- The CO-OP application is carried out in the institutions to which the students apply with their own efforts, as well as the support of our department and university.
- Our students who graduate after the CO-OP application can then find employment opportunities in the company they have made CO-OP.
Tubitak Smart Bigg Program
- Within the scope of the TÜBİTAK Smart BİGG program, where Hasan Kalyoncu University is the Implementing Organization, 200 thousand TL grant support is obtained if our students with an innovation-oriented entrepreneurial idea pass the necessary stages.
- Entrepreneurship Training, Prototyping and Mentoring support are provided within the framework of the program.
- Experienced mentors provide support to the entrepreneur in technical, commercial and administrative matters.
- Business model and business plan preparation trainings are given to them.
Erasmus+ Exchange Program
- 6-12 months of education and/or internship opportunity at contracted universities abroad,
- Opportunity to develop a foreign language,
- Opportunity to get to know new cultures.
International Trade and Logistics Club: LOGICLUB
Through our club, organizing social and academic activities, participating and teamwork skills are gained. Our club organizes various activities to bring our students together with Turkey’s leading academics and practitioners. In 2019, with the contributions of the Logistics Club, the third International Trade and Logistics Congress helped our students create a network to advance in their careers.
HAND IN HAND SEMINARS: WE BRING OUR STUDENTS TOGETHER WITH THE MANAGERS OF THE INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND LOGISTICS SECTOR
Thus, the leaders of the International Trade Logistics sector share their experiences with our students. Thus, our students are trained according to the needs of the business world. In addition, hand in hand seminars contribute to the establishment of social networks that enable our students to find internships and increase employment opportunities.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AFTER GRADUATION
- Purchasing, procurement, foreign trade and logistics units of all national and international production, service and sales companies,
- Logistics companies providing land, air, sea, rail and intermodal transportation services,
- Logistics organizers called Freight Forwarders,
- Logistics units of insurance, financing, audit and foreign trade companies,
- Relevant departments of academic units such as universities and research institutions,
- Expert staff of the Ministry of Transport, Undersecretariat of Foreign Trade, relevant public institutions and organizations,
- Foreign Trade and Logistics Application Units of communication and information technology companies,
- Import-export units of production and foreign trade enterprises,
- Customs Consultancy,
- port operations,
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs),
- Logistics Villages/Centers,
- Relevant units of free zones.